Return to Elder Main Page Elder Family Research
You must REGISTER before you will be able to post on our Bulletin Board
This protects our Members from unauthorized use of this Bulletin Board.
Please read the FAQ for this Bulletin Board before using (see button below).

Return to Elder Main Page  FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

back to Elder site?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elder Family Research Forum Index -> Post Questions Related to Bulletin Board USE here
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amelia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:28 pm    Post subject: back to Elder site? Reply with quote

Hello,

perhaps this is a silly question, but i don't see anyway to access the Elder website from the bulletin board (assuming you went straight here and can't use your back button)

am I missing something, or perhaps you don't want people to be able to do that? : )

i use a bookmark to get there, but i find myself looking for a home button...

thanks for reading this,
Amelia
elder
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 5:24 am    Post subject: Back to the web site Reply with quote

You know you are right, never thought of that! I guess the easiest way would be to go up the the "location bar" at the top of the browser window where you see something similar to:

http://www.familytrail.com/elder/bb/XXXXXXXXX

delete everything after the "elder/"

and hit your enter/return key on the keyboard and that takes you back to the main home page for the Elder line.

If I can figure out a way to post a HOME button on this I'll try.

Happy Hunting
Donna
cicielder
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question was originally posted on the old board, before it was changed to phpbb. However, it was still a valid concern.
There are now 2 ways to return to the Elder main page. You can either click on the "Return to Main Site" icon or click on the logo on the upper left.
CiCi
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Elder Family Research Forum Index -> Post Questions Related to Bulletin Board USE here All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: